I spent much of the day on recovering lost work on earlier posts.
gave me a false sense of security. There were only two missing pictures, including the header. The postcard of the coloured picture was in my media files and the photograph from 1893 in my iMac pictures. It took a short while to trace and transfer them.
I then spent most of the afternoon attempting to make a sow’s ear out of one of my Streets of London Series posts. I could not find the images in my iMac file, and struggled with the search until I realised that they were probably part of a batch lost during an earlier Apple Operating System update. Now, given that I could have reverted to my original well ordered colour slides, it might have more sensible to do just that and scan them all again. Readers will know what a stubborn soul I am, and I didn’t want to do that.
Although I did ultimately fail to completely sabotage myself, I did eventually recover most of
and change the header picture to one more pleasing (and not chosen by WordPress).
I did, however, manage to delete everything relating to the Animals in War Memorial, but substituted material from the Royal Parks site.
With the outside light fading fast and my willpower wilting, I left the one alteration to
at the header. This post shows our garden at its best in August, but suffered from the “Attempt Block Recovery” curse. I did recover the blocks but couldn’t be bothered to do any more with them.
This evening we dined on Jackie’s wholesome cottage pie; firm cauliflower and broccoli with exceptionally tasty crunchy carrots, with which the Culinary Queen drank Hoegaarden and I drank Mendoza Malbec 2020.